Wow!!! I have to say that these cupcakes are one of my favorite. The cake texture is very light. The Tequila flavor in the frosting is just perfect and I love the syrup top on the cake. I had 2 of them as soon as I finished. They are amazing. I love them!!
135 gram unsalted butter, softened
125 gram self rising flour
125 gram superfine (caster) sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 tablespoon milk
Zest of 2 limes
200 unsalted butter, softened
450 confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons tequila
4 tablespoons lime juice
65 gram superfine sugar
1. FOR SYRUP: In a small saucepan, combine sugar and lime juice over medium heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Bring it to broil. Reduce to over low heat, cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool completely.
2. FOR CUPCAKES: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 340 degrees. Line a 12 muffin pan with paper baking cups. Set aside.
3. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, combine butter, sugar, flour, baking soda, lime zest, lime juice and eggs, beat on low to combine, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high, beating until incorporated, about 1 minute. Scrape down bowl. Add milk, beat until smooth, about 30 seconds.
4. Spoon the batter into prepared cups, filling each one 3/4 full.
5. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cake cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and let cool completely on rack.
6. FOR THE ROSE FROSTING: Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar in medium-speed until well combined. Add tequila, continue beating until smooth.
7. Spoon the frosting into pastry bag with a Wilton star tip no. 1M and pipe over the cupcakes. Top with 1 teaspoon syrup. Serve
Recipe from Cupcake Jemma