These cupcakes barely made it out of the oven before I tried one! The smelled so good I couldn’t wait and they didn’t disappoint. I was so impressed with how light and fluffy the cake was and the strawberry sauce was the perfect compliment to the frosting. OMG..I LOVE IT!!! I could have easily eaten every one of them. So I gave some to my neighbor and she sent me a message later that she shared it with her colleagues at work and they all loved them. You should definitely try this recipe!
400 gram fresh strawberries, cut in half
2 tablespoons sugar
125 gram self rising flour
125 gram superfine (caster) sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
125 gram unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tablespoon whole milk
4 tablespoons strawberry sauce
100 unsalted butter, softened
225 confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2-3 tablespoons strawberry sauce
1. FOR STRAWBERRY SAUCE: Pulse strawberry in the food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer over medium saucepan, discard seed. Add sugar into the saucepan, stir to combine and sit over medium-high heat. Bring it to boil. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
2. FOR CUPCAKES: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 340 degrees. Line a 12 muffin pan with paper baking cups. Set aside.
3. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, combine butter, sugar, flour, baking soda, and eggs, beat on low to combine, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high, beating until incorporated, about 1 minute. Scrape down bowl. Add milk and vanilla, beat until smooth, about 30 seconds. Give batter final stir by hand.
4. Spoon the batter into prepared cups, filling each one 3/4 full.
5. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cake cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and let cool completely on rack.
6. FOR THE ROSE FROSTING: Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes. Scrap down bowl as needed. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat on low speed until combine, about 30 seconds, increase speed to medium high until incorporated, about 1 minutes. Add vanilla and milk, continue beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Fold in strawberry sauce with rubber spatula just to combine.
7. Spoon the frosting into pastry bag with a round tip no. M1 and pipe over the cupcakes. Decorate with fresh strawberries if desire.
Recipe from Cupcake Jemma